After moving away a few years ago we tried a number of other places and none were of the overall quality that I was use to from Moss Automotive. We have moved back and my 1st experience reminded me of the place I always took my Cars and Suburbans to in years past. When you go to Moss you can feel good about your automobiles getting the service they need. And, the Price has always been Fair. 5 Stars awarded by us....The Best in Town.
Gary Nyland, 11/25/2019
The air conditioner on my Nissan Altima 2014 was blowing hot so I brought the car to be diagnosed at a car repair shop off Mansell road and they said the condenser needed to be replaced and quoted me $1,000. I decided to get a second opinion and brought the car to Moss. Moss told me the freon was gone and recharged the unit and the condenser was working fine. Thank god I found Moss. They saved me over $850 compared to the other shop: I am forever a client of Moss Automotive!
Moss Automotive was the best! I was a first time customer in a panic to get my car towed to an automotive repair shop asap. They accommodated me so well and got my car turned around very quick all while being super friendly and honest. Such a great place, and my car is running great!! Thanks Moss!
...This shop is easily the most friendly and most honest shop that I have ever been to since I started driving and I will gladly use them as my go-to recommendation for my family and friends.
My Jeep died with radiator leaked and other problems. Moss Automotive fixed the car and it's been running great. They are great people whom you can trust. Thank you!
We have been using Moss Automotive for years and Danny and Charlotte and the rest of the crew are just outstanding. They treat you like family, have very reasonable rates and are extremely
Amazing service! My mom's car's starter died on her about 5 miles from Moss Automotive. AAA was able to bang the starter to life so my mom could get to Moss. They took great care of her there. Had her in and out in 2 hours for a much better rate than I ever expected. We will be using them from here on out for all our family vehicles.
Moss Automotive is a family owned and operated business that treats you right. Honest, reliable and professional. Have used them for 19 years and would never take any of our cars anywhere else. With 4 children we've had lots of cars and all different makes and models, Moss Automotive has taken care of them all. Highly recommend them, you won't be disappointed!
We were shipping our truck to Hawaii and could only have 1/4 tank of gas or less and the tank was almost full. The people Moss Automotive got us in right away and prepared our truck for shipping. They are awesome and I can't thank them enough!
I cannot say enough good things about the honest service I have received. I found them through a friend's Facebook page post of glory and I can only say God sent me to them. I have never felt comfortable with a garage in this area until Moss'. they know what they are doing and do not try to do work just to do work. You will not be disappointed.
I am so thankful that I brought my Honda pilot to Moss for some new struts and also to see about my why my check engine light came on. They did hours of diagnostics/tests to finally determine the root cause what something that Honda had settled via a class action suit and my car was potentially covered by. Of course this work had to be done by Honda and thankfully it qualified to be repaired via that agreement (Lou Sobh). If not for the investigative work by Moss Automotive I would have never known about the Honda service bulletin and it probably saved me a significant amount of money. Moss has won me over as a new customer and I will be bringing our other cars here. Highly recommended. Honest, fair, thorough, are a few words that come to mind.
I highly recommend this company!!!! Danny and his team At Moss Automotive have been servicing my vehicles for 12+ years. They are the most HONEST, TRUSTWORTHY company I have ever dealt with. They do not, have not and never will pad a bill or falsely inflate a vehicle problem. During a recent issue, Danny found a warranty issue, researched it and contacted the dealership for me. When I brought it in, they found several other "critical" issues to the tune of $3,000 and none of it under warranty!!!!! Imagine that!!! I promptly picked up my vehicle and Moss will repair the minor problem. I trust that Danny nor his team will never let me drive an unsafe vehicle. They are the BEST!!!!!
Great great service... My air conditioner was blowing hot air I took it in an they took all freon out an recharged it an it started working. They immediately called an said hey this is what I did an now its working. They didn't try to get over an say on hey you need a new compressor or something more expensive they was honest an let me know just what the case was an didn't charge a arm an a leg to do it. So happy I have air this summer. Thanks again!!!
- According to recent studies, 5 percent of all motor vehicle fatalities are clearly caused by automobile maintenance neglect.
- The cooling system should be completely flushed and refilled about every 24 months. The level, condition, and concentration of coolant should be checked. (A 50/50 mix of anti-freeze and water is usually recommended.)
- Never remove the radiator cap until the engine has thoroughly cooled. The tightness and condition of drive belts, clamps and hoses should be checked by a pro.
- Change your oil and oil filter as specified in your manual, or more often (every 3,000 miles) if you make frequent short jaunts, extended trips with lots of luggage or tow a trailer.
- Replace other filters (air, fuel, PCV, etc.) as recommended, or more often in dusty conditions. Get engine drivability problems (hard stops, rough idling, stalling, diminished power, etc.) corrected at a good shop.
- A dirty windshield causes eye fatigue and can pose a safety hazard. Replace worn blades and get plenty of windshield washer solvent.
- Have your tires rotated about every 5,000 miles. Check tire pressures once a month; let the tires cool down first. Don't forget your spare and be sure your jack is in good condition.
- Check your owner's manual to find out what fuel octane rating your car's engine needs then buy it.
- Keep your tires inflated to the proper levels. Under-inflated tires make it harder for your car to move down the road, which means your engine uses more fuel to maintain speed.
- Lighten the load. Heavier vehicles use more fuel, so clean out unnecessary weight in the passenger compartment or trunk before you hit the road.
- Use the A/C sparingly. The air conditioner puts extra load on the engine forcing more fuel to be used.
- Keep your windows closed. Wide-open windows, especially at highway speeds, increase aerodynamic drag and the result is up to a 10% decrease in fuel economy.
- Avoid long idling. If you anticipate being stopped for more than one minute, shut off the car. Contrary to popular belief, restarting the car uses less fuel than letting it idle.
- Stay within posted speed limits. The faster you drive, the more fuel you use. For example, driving at 65 miles per hour (mph) rather than 55 mph, increases fuel consumption by 20 percent.
- Use cruise control. Using cruise control on highway trips can help you maintain a constant speed and, in most cases, reduce your fuel consumption.
- Keep your engine tuned. A fouled spark plug or plugged/restricted fuel injector can reduce fuel efficiency as much as 30 percent.
- Inspect the engine's belts regularly. Look for cracks or missing sections or segments. Worn belts will affect the engine performance.
- Have the fuel filter changed every 10,000 miles to prevent rust, dirt and other impurities from entering the fuel system.
- Change the transmission fluid and filter every 15,000 to 18,000 miles. This will protect the precision-crafted components of the transmission/transaxle.
- Inspect the suspension system regularly. This will extend the life of the vehicle's tires.